Problem: Chinese Android tablet hangs on boot. Android logo appears and then freezes. It shuts down after few seconds.
Reason: The Android installation is corrupted.
Solution: Reflash / install a new android firmware / OS.
Applies to: Flytouch Android Tablet, Epad, Apad, Iped
The one I repaired has the following specifications:
- VIA chipset 8505 / 300 mhz
- 256 mb memory
- 2 GB storage
- with camera
- vibrates at startup (unique for flytouch model)
What you need:
At least 128 mb microSD card
1. Download this file if you have the 256 mb version: http://www.filefront.com/17277089/EPAD256.1.988.3k.7z
For 128mb, download this: http://www.filefront.com/17277251/EPAD128.1.988.3k.7z
2. Extract the script folder to your memory card. If your memory card is drive e, it should look like these: e:\script\
3. While the tablet is off, insert the card to the card reader /slot at the bottom of your tablet.
4. Turn it on and wait for instructions. It will say when to remove the memory card.
5. The unit will turn off. Turn it on again. That's it. You should see the Android logo by now and wait for it to boot.
If the unit won't turn on after flashing, it means that you used the wrong firmware. Download other firmware for your Android Tablet.
For detailed instructions regarding ROM flashing: Go here