bcmwltry.exe/explorer.exe - Unable to Locate Component
This application has failed to start because iertutil.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.
The ordinal 681 could not be located in the dynamic link library iertutil.dllThis error is caused by an improper installation of Internet Explorer. You can try this solution to fix this problem:
1. Press CTRL+ALT+DEL when you see the error.
2. With the Task Manager running, click File then New Task, type CMD then press enter.
3. A black window will open, this is the command prompt. Type these commands (press enter after each command):
ren c:\windows\system32\dllcache\iertutil.dll iertutil.old
copy c:\windows\system32\dllcache\iertutil.dll c:\windows\system32Basically, you're copying a copy of iertutil.dll from the dll cache folder to system32 folder where it should have been. Close everything and Windows will load up fine.
You can also try this one if you're not comfortable in using Command Prompt.
1. Press CTRL, ALT and DEL
2. From Task Manager, click File, New Task, then Browse.
3. Change the file type from Programs to "All Files".
4. Now navigate to c:\windows\system32\dllcache\ and find iertutil.dll and copy it. Then go back to c:\windows\system32 and paste the file in that folder.
Some technicians use a boot disc, either Windows PE or linux disc. Then, they boot from there and copy the appropriate files. You can also remove your hard disk and connect it to another computer and do the file transfer if you want to do something "adventurous".
If you are still experiencing a problem after the steps above, try to reinstall a good known copy of Internet Explorer 8.
Does this post helped you in any way? Please consider sharing it to your friends by clicking the buttons below.