With USB Flash drives, all you need is a computer that has USB port to plug in to which is available in every computer today. Not only they are handy because of their small sizes, USB Flash drives can also store large files!
The problem with using these flash drives, they’re easily infected with viruses. Some forms of virus infections among flash drives are the following: hides your files and folders, creates exe file extensions of your files and even corrupt your files. And later on infecting your PC.
If you have a strong antivirus, you don’t have to worry with these threats that could infect your computer when a USB flash drive has been plug to the computer because they are easily deleted upon detection.
Now, if your files have been infected even your antivirus is up-to-date and they’ve been hidden and no longer visible when you open your files, these are some tips on how to unhide hidden files caused by a virus.
1. Sometimes this infection can be solved by:
1) Going to Windows Explorer
2) Tools menu
3) Folder Option
4) View Tab
5) Choose “show Hidden Files and Folders”.
6) If the files will show up, simply change the properties of the files/folders. Uncheck the “hidden” checkbox and the files will show again just like before.
2. If the above doesn’t work, and your files are still hidden, do this one that will surely work.
1) Go to the command prompt.Hope these Tips will help individuals having a problem with hidden files caused by a virus.
2) Go to the drive where your hidden files are located.
3) Type the following: attrib -s -h /s /d *.* (this will unhide all your files that have been hidden by the virus) i.e. I:\> attrib -s -h /s /d *.*